Snowcreek Dance Academy
Class Descriptions & Dress Code
We offer a variety of fun classes offered by some of the best instructors around! If you would like to register one or more of your children in a dance class, print out our Registration Form, fill it out, and bring it in.
Black Leotard, Pink Tights, Ballet Shoes, Jazz Shoes (NO STREET SHOES), Hair Tied Back.
- Kids Creative Movement – Dance can have a powerful impact in children’s daily lives because it is both a physical activity and a vehicle for self-expression. This class offers the rich experience of exploring and creating, with the added benefits of lively movement, Ballet technique, and performance skills and learn choreography.
- Beginner/Intermediate Jazz – This class takes the basic elements of ballet technique, and modern Jazz movement to sculpt students into powerfully strong and creative dancers. Using modern music, students will improve flexibility, strength, learn across the floor combinations, and performance skills and learn choreography.
This class introduces the dancers to the basic positions of classical ballet, incorporating modern movement. During this semester, students will learn classical ballet technique, how to interrupt music through choreography, and improve their performance skills.
Form Fitting Shirt and Capri’s, NO long pants, Tap shoes, Hair Tied Back.
- Beginner/Intermediate Tap – This class further develop skills, focusing on clarity of sounds and increasing speed as well as dynamics and musicality. Our tap dancers are challenged through improvisational exercises, intricate rhythms and footwork. Students will also learn to memorize choreography.
Form Fitting Shirt, Pants (Warm up sweats okay), NO STREET SHOES, Dance Sneakers, Hair Tied Back.
- Beginner/Intermediate Hip-Hop – This class teaches the fundamentals of hip hop movement. With upbeat and high energy movements, stretching, isolations, rhythms, musicality, upper body strength and funky footwork will all be incorporated. Students will learn to memorize choreography, and enhance their performance skills.
- All students must wear a cover-up over their dancewear to and from the studio.
- Dance shoes should not be worn outside of the building.
- There will be no food or gum permitted in the dance studio.
- Please do not leave any students unattended.
- All parents are required to sign students in when you arrive.
- No horseplay will be permitted in the lobby or studio.
- Dancers should arrive five minutes before scheduled class time and be picked up promptly after class. Please notify the studio if you will be late picking up your dancer.
- If you must pick your dancer up early from class, please Notify the instructor before class, and the instructor will dismiss the dancer from class.
- No parents allowed to disrupt the class.
- Teachers reserve the right to dismiss any student from class who continuously disrupts. A parent/teacher conference must take place before a “dismissed student” may return to class.
For more information, see our Dance Studio Policies and Procedures
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org!